Built in the 1930s as a hostel, 1 Duffy Street once had views of Trinity Bay from its position at number 265-267 The Esplanade, Cairns. It was used as a rehabilitation hospital after World War II. In 1946/7 it was converted into flats and accommodated the ANA (Australian National Airlines) crew during their layovers in Cairns. In 1993 this building was relocated in two sections and restored as a private residence in Freshwater.
The grand Queenslander at 3 Duffy Street originally stood on the corner of James and McLeod Street, Cairns North. Mostly built from silky oak it was the Shell Terminal manager's house in the late 1920s. In 1989 it was relocated to Freshwater and restored.