Thomas Swallow and F.T. Derham took up a large estate here (Hambledon Estate) in 1882 and planted sugar and erected a crushing mill here. The mill was taken over by CSR Limited in the 1890s and closed in 1991. The century-old trees and scattered old machinery are all that remain of the original complex. The site is also the location of the Sugarworld Waterpark.