The Stratford Men's Bowls Club started in 1951. The first meeting was held in the lounge at Tully's Hotel. Jim Tully was elected Patron and Jack Tadman became the first President.
The following year the Stratford Ladies Club was formed. They also met at Tully's Hotel and Mrs Tully was elected Patron and Mrs Stanton was the first President.
The Club House was completed in June 1952. The official opening of the men's club was on Sunday, 28 September and the Ladies Club was opened in December. The first championship was held in 1953.
For more information click here