Grafton House - Shops and Offices
Places of Significance - Cairns Regional Council

The two-storey shops and offices are of local significance as an architect-designed concrete building decorated to appear as if a traditional render building for the Cairns draper and entrepreneur Mr. J. Mirob. Mirob owned other architect buildings in the area and this prominent structure makes an aesthetic contribution to the street and to the greater collection of concrete buildings in the city, designed after the introduction of the Cairns building by-laws of 1926. 

 

Image Gallery