Shop, 457 Draper Street
Places of Significance - Cairns Regional Council

The building was constructed prior to 1937, when it was visible in an aerial photograph of the city. At this time the number of buildings in this part of town was very low and these were almost all residences. Its framed appearances make it of the period 1900-15. During the 1940s the shop was known as Savage's Store with the only mentions in the Cairns Post being in relation to post and telephone boxes to be installed nearby.

 

Image Gallery