Sacred Heart Catholic Church
Places of Significance - Cairns Regional Council

Reverend Father Hogan and his parish raised the bulk of the funds needed to build this church, which was opened by the Most Reverend John Heavey, Bishop of Cairns on November 20, 1938. However, fundraising activities continued to occur well into the 1940s. Prior to the church being built, services were held at the Freshwater Hall and at local parishioners homes. 

Image Gallery