In circa 1878, William Saunders Alley acquired land upstream of Gordonvale and named the area Riverstone. After fire destroyed the original Riverstone House in 1934, the current residence was constructed by his grandson Charlie. Restoration works in 1987 by the Alley family has brought Riverstone House to its former splendour. On the opposite side of the highway to the House, are the Alley Family Graves which is a State heritage listed site. This site marks the resting place of William and his wife Mary Alley (nee Banks); their son George and his wife Mary Ellen Healy; as well as their daughter Sarah Blackwell, her husband Richard Blackwell and their adopted son, Willie, who died at 11 months old.
This site forms a part of the Southern Heritage Drive trail which can be found here.