Provisional School Site
Freshwater Heritage Trail

The area's first Provisional School was built in 1895 and operated until 1918.

The provisional one-teacher school was built on this site because the communities of Redlynch and Freshwater could not agree on where to build a permanent school. 

At its peak in 1913, 60 pupils attended, but during WW1 (1914-18), enrolments fell. The school closed in 1918 and the building was sold and used as a residence until the 1970s when it was demolished to make way for units. 

Image Gallery