Mulgrave Central Mill
Southern Heritage Drive Trail

A slow start to the establishment of the sugar industry saw the Pyramid Mill at Riverstone sold and removed to the Childers area. In 1896 the Mulgrave Mill was constructed by A & W Smith, and fitted out with machinery shipped from Glasgow. Despite numerous cyclones, wavering sugar prices throughout the 20th century and modernisation, the mill remains a solid icon for the local community. During the crushing season, the ever present chimney of steam signals the destination point for the still active cane trains.

Image Gallery