Samuel Cochrane bought land here in 1878, and was the first settler to take up land in what is now known as Stratford. He named the block 'Lily Bank' and grew maize, English potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumpkins. In 1889 the block was purchased by Draper who would later become the Mayor of Cairns. The original house was built in 1878 and burnt down in 1927.
For more information click here