The Former Innisfail Courthouse at 40 Buckley Street, Yorkeys Knob is a high set timber building originally constructed in 1920-21 as a courthouse and government offices on the corner of Rankine and Edith Streets, Innisfail. In 1938 the building was moved a short distance to a site in Edith Street, Innisfail. With the present Innisfail courthouse (built of rendered brick in interwar-classical style) opening in 1940, the timber building was converted to the Innisfail Police Station in 1942. The building was purchased by private owners in 1988, moved to its present location at Yorkeys Knob, Cairns and adapted for use as a private residence.
Queensland Government: Queensland Heritage Register. (2016). Innisfail Court House (former).
Retrieved from: https://environment.ehp.qld.gov.au/heritage-register/detail/?id=602500