The land of which this was but one parcel of a subdivision, had been sold as parcels with 66ft frontages on 8 August 1924 by A.J. Draper auctioneer. A parcel of land was set aside for a church and residence midway down the blocks available on Queen Street. At the time of subdivision, the Cairns Post carried an advertisement proclaiming that this would be an opportunity for mill and sugar workers to purchase land that was convenient to transport and in proximity of the mill. The upset price was £20. There is no evidence that there were already houses on the land, but nothing precludes houses being shifted to the site.