Guns
Cairns Esplanade Heritage Walk Trail

The gun to the south of the Cenotaph is a rare 5" Breech-loading gun, rifle barrelled, mounted on a slide recoil system. This gun was made by the Railway Carriage Department, Woolwich England in 1887. The gun to the north is a 25 pound artillery piece, Mark II, circa 1940. This type of gun was the main field gun used by the British and Commonwealth Military forces from 1940 to the 1970s.

Image Gallery