Gordonvale Water Tower
A local landmark which has helped serve Gordonvale by providing water and bomb warnings during World War II

The Gordonvale Water Tower stood for nearly 100 years at the heart of the community. The tower was constructed between 1932 and 1935. It was then later used as a watchtower during World War II to warn of approaching Japanese bombers and was decommissioned as a water supply in 1953.

 

Image Gallery