Freshwater CWA Hall
Freshwater Heritage Trail

The CWA's Freshwater Branch dates back to 1937 when the first meeting was held in the home of newly elected president Mrs Odgen.

In 1940 Railway Square was resurveyed as a Health and Recreation Reserve and the CWA purchased land to build this hall. 

During the war CWA members made camouflage nets and war-related materials and after 1945 established a building fund.

Completed in 1955, the hall has since housed the local kindergarten, Melbourne Cup parties, dance classes, yoga groups, public meetings and private celebrations. 

Image Gallery