The defence facility at False Cape was established in late 1942-early 1943 as coastal defence for the port of Cairns on Trinity Inlet. Although this battery was never involved in direct action, its establishment was prioritised by General Macarthur as of strategic importance to the overall defence of the east coast of Australia.
Queensland Government: Queensland Heritage Register. (2016). False Cape second world war defence facility.