The Cairns Technical College and High School building was constructed in 1941 as a purpose-built facility for state-run secondary and technical education in Cairns. It was designed by the Department of Public Works as part of the government's unemployment relief program during the 1930s and was built using day labour during a period of pronounced construction in Cairns. This commanding, three-storey brick building at the corner of Sheridan and Upward Streets is an important element in the city's streetscape.
Queensland Government: Queensland Heritage Register. (2016). Cairns technical college and high school building.
Retrieved from: https://environment.ehp.qld.gov.au/heritage-register/detail/?id=602834