In 1901, the Reverend James Pattison conducted Cairns' first Presbyterian church service in the Oddfellows Hall. The first Presbyterian Church, St Andrews, was built in 1905. It was a timber-framed building and was damaged by three cyclones but survived until 1953. A new St Andrews Church (or Kirk) was built on the site in the 1950s. It was designed by the architect Thomas Jamieson Roy (1915 - 1982). The Church is now used by New Life Ministries, a Presbyterian based fellowship.