Babinda Hospital (excluding Nurses Quarters)
Places of Significance - Cairns Regional Council

The site is important at the local level as a district hospital incorporating a series of buildings constructed over a period including: a morgue (1926), a second generation morgue, a maternity hospital (1948), a (now closed) nurses home (1951), the Matron of Nursing's house, a ward block (1969) along Munro St, and its 1982 extension at the east end, new nurses quarters, and a new ambulance centre (2009) on Knowles and Munro Street.

 

Image Gallery